Sunday, December 21, 2008

Its Coquito Time!!!



Yes its that time of year...I start by cleaning my bottles that I have managed to store up throughout the year, removing all labels in order to replace it with a custom one revamped every year. Then I shop for all of the ingredients; coconut milk, evaporated milk, condensed milk, cinnamon, vanilla and lots of rum. Each batch comes out just a little different depending on my mood. Some get a little more and a little less of that but none the less they seem to disappear.

In the past I gave it away as gifts, however my list kept growing & growing so this year I decided to sell it and it is disappearing just as fast. I still can't keep up with the orders. I keep thinking this will be my last batch but no such thing... It really stops when I just get sick of drinking it because I do have to sample each batch and then taste it again each night just to make sure its still good so when I have had enough is when I tell everyone that there just isn't anymore and they will have to catch me next year. But until then I will continue to drink up and savor each glass or bottle!

I do enjoy adding my label and wrapping it up, ready for the next party!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

just popped by to say hello!!! BJ has a link on her blog...

Beth L said...

oh yum Gina that sounds TOO delicious...although now, almost a month later, so I'm sure you hit your "enough" point a while ago. What a cool tradition though!

oh and...thanks for the tag, as you can see I suck at keeping up with things like that but this is the week, really it is...

hope things are good!