Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tagged by BJ Lantz

I have been tagged by BJ Lantz; who continues to inspire me everyday...although I doubt she knows it. I find her blog the most interesting to read which is how I knew I had been tagged. I have to tell everyone 7 things about myself that you might not know about me. Thanks BJ for sharing your creativity & knowledge with us!!!!!

Here goes;

-I left California right after graduating college to conquer the New York Fashion Industry! That was 20 years ago...WOW. I was only supposed to stay 6mo. to a year, get as much experience as I could and then head back...needless to say I am still here on the east coast doin' my thing!!!
-I love animals and have a dog named Chelsea. I can't tell you exactly her breed, but she looks like a fox, other than that the jury is still out. She blends in well in my household being that most of us are mutts in my house and proud of it!!!!
-I am proud to say that my moms family is Creole from New Orleans and yes we make Gumbo, play pitty pat and dance the 2nd line.
-My father is Mexican American also known as Chicano, which is the reason for the big Cinco de Mayo parties at my house...ps; does anyone still make their own taco shells as apposed to the store bought ones? I do and I can't find a restaurant that does on the East Coast or the West Coast.
-I've always wanted to teach art to kids/young adults and inspire them about the many options there are for artists today! Who knows... maybe one day I will.
-City Island in the Bronx is my favorite place to hang out with my family. Johnny's has jumbo shrimp w/fries and killa pina coladas. We make sure to go early before all of the real excitement happens!!! If you know the Bronx you know what I mean!!!
-I love to socialize with like minds...I can be shy at first but get me going and theres no stoppin'!!!

You have been tagged!!!!
-Reyna Gillman
-Andrea Mistretta
-Beth Logan
-Linda Jacque
-Susie Lee Jin
-Carol Black-Lemon
-Kristen Cook Tyler

-

3 comments:

BJ Lantz said...

Aw, shucks, Gina, you make me blush :-)

Could you provide links for the people you tagged? I'l like to check them out. (Beth & Andrea I know)

Rayna said...

Hi, Gina!! Glad to see your blog.
I've been tagged so many times by other bloggers that there's nothing left to say that my regulars haven't already read. Shall I make something up??

Beth L said...

...and I forgot in my last comment, I meant to tell you our fave Mexican restaurant in my neighborhood (in Seattle) makes their own tortillias...it's heaven! http://mrvilla.net/