Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Laissez les bon temps rouler"



Fat Tuesday is the beginning of Mardi Gras..."Let the good times roll" I love it, wish I could be there but since I can't be there I do plan to celebrate it at home. I sent the boys off to school with purple, green & gold beads in honor of Mardi Gras and told them that purple=justice, green=faith and gold =power (in case anyone asks).

It is very important to me to teach my boys as much of their culture whenever possible....which usually ends up with a party. Yes, my favorite neighbor and partner in crime is giving a "Mardi Gras" party on Sat. where we will make BBQ shrimp (a New Orleans/creole favorite), beignets (creole pastry) and the famous Hurricane drink to top it off!

"Laissez les bon temps rouler!" - "Let the good times roll!"

1 comment:

Beth L said...

Happy Mardi Gras to you...have an awesome time this weekend sounds like fun (and delicious) and I'm sure it will all be even more delicious on your coolest-ever plates! How perfect is that?! Gorgeous designs!